Who we are and what we’re about
Trinity is a gospel-centred church all about Jesus, Fellowship & Mission.
Who We Are
We Are a Gospel-Centred Church
The gospel is the joyful news that God so loves sinners He sent His Son to save them. Trinity is a church united by that gospel to God and one another. As a church we exist to make disciples by preaching that gospel, baptising those who believe that gospel, and teaching the bible which has that gospel at its heart.
What We’re About
We’re all about Jesus, Fellowship & Mission
He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature - Hebrews 1:3
Trinity exists to glorify Jesus - we do this by:
- Proclaiming Jesus from all of Scripture
- Striving to believe every promise Jesus gives us in scripture
- Seeking to obey every command Jesus gives us in scripture
- Standing firm in the freedom He has won for us.
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another - John 13:34-35
- A community characterised by warmth, unity in the truth and a joyful sense of freedom
- A community where divide-spanning friendships marked by affection and humility are formed.
- A community where we serve each other selflessly as we have been served by Jesus.
- A community where we seek to love one another as God has loved us - lavishly, unconditionally and personally.
And Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:18-20
- Lovingly, wisely and winsomely engaging unbelievers with the gospel
- Adorning that gospel-engagement with love and good works
- Baptising and welcoming into membership those who believe that gospel
- Remaining in the world as salt and light
- Seeking to plant churches that plant churches.
What we Believe
We are a Reformed Baptist church. This means we love our Reformed heritage and are grateful for the work God did during the Reformation to reform the church. A fuller expression of what we believe is contained in our confession here but an essential summary of our core beliefs is what is known as the five solas.
Sola Scriptura (Scripture Alone)
Sola Gratia (Grace Alone)
Soli Deo Gloria
Ryan trained as a lawyer but since God graciously saved him in his second year of law school he dreamed of becoming a pastor. Following graduation, a brief stint working for the Government, and training as a pastoral intern he was finally called as an Associate Pastor for a Reformed Baptist Church in Wellington. Then in 2017 Trinity called him as their pastor which he joyfully accepted. In his spare time he enjoys reading non-fiction, listening to music and spending time with his family.
Greg, originally from the UK, is a retired software tester. God graciously saved him in 1984 whilst he was living in New Zealand. Since then he has attended various churches until settling at Trinity in 2008. In 2016 he was called as an Elder at Trinity and has served in that capacity ever since. In his spare time Greg enjoys walks by the river, volunteering at a local Retirement Village and spending time with his family.